Site Administrator Could Use a Hand!

MMank
Site Admin

Site Administrator Could Use a Hand!

Post by MMank »

So, perhaps it's old news, but I have Multiple Myeloma, an incurable blood cancer. I've gone on two fundraising treks over the last 5 years, one to Patagonia, the other to Alaska where I had the opportunity to cavort with Grizzlies! The main goal of these treks is to raise money for the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation's (MMRF) pursuit of a cure and to heighten awareness of the disease. The cost of the trips are covered by sponsors so everything I raise goes towards research. My next trek takes me to Guatemala, where I will climb three volcanos. Best part, my daughter is coming with me!

I'm blessed in that I'm doing well. Many are not.

I need your help. I've committed to raising $24k. If you are in a position to donate, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. I need to rep the wrestlers well out there!!

Below is the link to the fundraising link. You can learn more about me and Multiple Myeloma. There's also a real cool video from my Patagonia trek. If you don't have 10 minutes to spare, go to minute 8 for some of the most spectacular sites you've ever set your eyes on. THANK YOU in advance!

If anyone has any fundraising ideas, I'm all ears..

Mank

Click link to donate:
https://lnkd.in/ewB2gyV9
classy jpeg.jpeg
classy jpeg.jpeg (124.74 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
klehner

Re: Site Administrator Could Use a Hand!

Post by klehner »

Did my small part. Best of luck, and thanks for this site!
Docger

Post by Docger »

The good news is that Stage 1 6 year survival of the International Classification System for Multiple Myeloma is 80%.
The bad news is that I contribute to the American Cancer Society yearly on behalf of my deceased child as well as other charities and am tapped out in my retirement.
Speaking as someone with a host of medical issues, I can relate and sympathize with your condition.
And I do appreciate your efforts on behalf of the wrestling fans.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Mank, I lost a long-time friend to multiple myeloma two years ago. I have supported MMRF in the past through his MMRF runs and walks by giving through my charitable gift fund. How do I make a gift to MMRF and have it designated to your climb? I was able to do that for Greg's runs and walks.
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

I second hotspurs question. Can donate through charitable gift fund but needs to go to a non profit they recognize. I can look to do that and somehow attribute to you (not sure how, can check but if you have some ID with them good to know).
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Seawolf wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 08:21 I second hotspurs question. Can donate through charitable gift fund but needs to go to a non profit they recognize. I can look to do that and somehow attribute to you (not sure how, can check but if you have some ID with them good to know).
With Greg's runs and, later, walks, I'd specify the name of the event and the name of his team. It seemed to work. In any case, the money did get to MMRF.
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

I just did it. Was able to select race / run / walk event and mentioned you by name Mank. Donation made! Best wishes.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

Also done. Good climbing, Mank. Keep those critical numbers down.
Mank

Post by Mank »

Hotspur wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 07:07 Also done. Good climbing, Mank. Keep those critical numbers down.
Ha, you got it! Thanks!!
Mank

Post by Mank »

Seawolf wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 20:16 I just did it. Was able to select race / run / walk event and mentioned you by name Mank. Donation made! Best wishes.
Greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!