Cliff Keen Las Vegas

Hotspur

Re: Cliff Keen Las Vegas

Post by Hotspur »

enterprise wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 13:52 Can I just say that I HATE THESE SINGLETS!
Just awful. Want RED with a big white C on the back.
Softmats

Post by Softmats »

Change is bad. Tradition is good. Bring back the C!
enterprise

Post by enterprise »

Yes! I am glad they broke out the traditional look for the final round.
Docger

Post by Docger »

I think Koll recruited both Ungar and Provo for Cornell. The only one who stayed at Cornell was Ungar. Now Only Provo is at Stanford and Ungar at Cornell and Koll is in NC. All in the past 2 years having to do with Covid. And now Ayres does not have to deal with constant losing to Cornell via Princeton but he can boast that his charge recruited by his nemesis beat someone from a school that kept beating him in the Ivy League ( except when half the Cornell team was redshirting for the Olympics a few years ago and of course Glory over Vito in a back and forth). I did not see the match but see the score was 5-1 Provo. Kind of reminds me of the "curse of the Bambino" In the case Cornell = Red Sox and Stanford = Yankees.
enterprise

Post by enterprise »

Match was much closer than 5-1. Score was 1-1 going into the 3rd but Provo had 1:14 riding time so Unger had to go for the Hail Mary as the period expired. Resulted in a Provo takedown instead.
Docger

Post by Docger »

Julian had a chance at the end but Izzak put his foot on the wood. Instead of being dragged in. Anyway, good match.
Would a could a . Interesting of the teams placing higher in the final results so far - ISU, NCST, OSU.;....Cornell will face them in duals later on. ISU likely in 2 weeks. With Shapiro & Vito recuperated and Foca shaking whatever is wrong, it should be good but there are a lot of ifs . BTW, who is the heavy set guy with the beard at all the Cornell matches. Is he the trainer? Looks like the corner man to patch up bleeding areas.
Anyone care to do the fantasy point score with a healthy Cornell Team in Vegas.....Vito, Meyer and Chris? Likely one champ and two In the semis or finals.
enterprise

Post by enterprise »

Docger wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 19:28 BTW, who is the heavy set guy with the beard at all the Cornell matches. Is he the trainer?
I think ie is a trainer -- Chris Scarlata? Someone correct me if I am wrong because if it is the same guy, his photo on the Athletics Department website is pretty old!
Docger

Post by Docger »

Ironic to see Damion Hahn keep throwing in the brick against the team he used to coach but natural thing to do. I think he left Cornell in 2019 to takeover the Jackrabbits and Cardenas was still wrestling in HS in 2019 - won the NJ 195 championship. Anyway the match w Sloan was much closer than the score. Damn ! Big Red so close but no gold. The competition is tough in this country . The guys go abroad in Freestyle and acquit themselves very well. Yianni used to say there was no one domestically who could challenge him and we see how that turned out.
SlapTheMat

Post by SlapTheMat »

ugarles wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 13:51
Bigkevsuhr wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 22:22 Can someone please explain to me that this stupid shine box means
It's a reference to Goodfellas. When Billy Batts* gets out of prison and goes to the mob bar, he taunts Tommy DiSimone** about how he was a shoeshine boy as a kid.

* Played by Frank Vincent, known more recently for playing Phil Leotardo on the Sopranos
** Played by Joe Pesci, known for everything come on it's Joe Pesci

Oh yes, now I can recall.
thanks’
Docger

Post by Docger »

Bigkevsuhr wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 20:13
ugarles wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 13:51
Bigkevsuhr wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 22:22 Can someone please explain to me that this stupid shine box means
It's a reference to Goodfellas. When Billy Batts* gets out of prison and goes to the mob bar, he taunts Tommy DiSimone** about how he was a shoeshine boy as a kid.

* Played by Frank Vincent, known more recently for playing Phil Leotardo on the Sopranos
** Played by Joe Pesci, known for everything come on it's Joe Pesci

Oh yes, now I can recall.
thanks’
But recall how Billy Batts ends up for calling out the shinebox. Stabbed and carted in the trunk of a car until Tommy borrows a shovel from his mom to bury him. Not that Tommy wound up any better. You just cannot kill a made man without permission.