Streaming platforms

Docger

Streaming platforms

Post by Docger »

It is disheartening when trying to stream various wrestling events, one has to search all over for the appropriate platform . And they all come with charges.
Flo$ carries a lot of events but certainly not all that are of interest.

The collegiate duals w Cornell vs Oregon State, Iowa State.......Rokfin$
Iowa vs Iowa State ( to see a preview of Cornell's opponent) .......BigTen Network ( I get on cable)
Garden State Scramble ( with Wisconsin vs Penn and Princeton - to see how our other Ivies compare with us against Wisconsin) Bigten+ $
Ivy League wrestling ( outside of the above) ESPN+$
Binghamton had its own feed with the Kaloust Open.$

It is such a patch work mess making a fan say fawgetaboutit.

Usually Flo has the final results of it all at the end of a weekend.
klehner

Re: Streaming platforms

Post by klehner »

I posted Cornell's schedule and how to watch their matches, FWIW.

There is typically a weekly posting on Intermat that lists all the known streamed matches: https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/26313, for instance.
Docger

Post by Docger »

klehner wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 09:09 I posted Cornell's schedule and how to watch their matches, FWIW.

There is typically a weekly posting on Intermat that lists all the known streamed matches: https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/26313, for instance.
I was talking in terms of a wrestling fan's interest in watching the sport - not just Cornell matches. Also in terms of a scouting view. Cornell will be facing Iowa State (possibly Penn State) as well as Penn and Princeton - to see how they shape up with Cornell's common opponent (Wisconsin). See how Lehigh matches up w PSU.
etc.
klehner

Post by klehner »

Do you expect all wrestling content to be hosted in one place? Never going to happen. It doesn't happen for other college sports, does it? If you look around, as I did, you'll find places that aggregate this information (like Intermat, Intermat's forum, Penn State's forum (for PSU matches)), and here where I attempted to put everything Cornell-related in one place.

If you know where to look, you don't have to look "all over."

What is your suggested solution?
Docger

Post by Docger »

As long as wrestling is not is not as popular as the major sports, networks and cable channels will not cover it. I gave examples of the great number of platforms that do the streaming . Standardizing all those various platforms under one banner would be helpful - say all go thru Flo. As you point out, there is Intermat, Rokfin, Flo, Bigten. Bigten+ ESPN+. Individual college networks, etc. You do not watch Penn State football thru a Penn State network but thru one of the major networks. In terms of the NFL, there is a one source subscription on tv carriers.
It all has to do with the popularity of a sport and willingness of paid advertisers.

The Ivy League network punted to ESPN+ for wrestling but ESPN+ will not carry the ivies wrestling at the Garden State Grapple.

But it is true , there are other things in life more important than scrounging around for various streaming possibilities.