Cliff Keen

Nard Dog

Re: Cliff Keen

Post by Nard Dog »

Docger wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 13:38 How bad shoulder injury to Loew ? Camera faded out. Medical forfeit. Just precautionary or worse?
Hopefully it was more as a precaution. I don't mean to be picky but he lost by injury default rather than medical forfeit. There is a significant difference as a medical forfeit does not count as a loss on your record like a default does. Next round for Loew will be a MF.
ugarles

Post by ugarles »

Just saw that Fernandes got pinned by Trephan (NC State) after getting reversed after a minute and a half of riding time. It's kind of integral to his whole style but I have to say I think his biggest flaw is that he doesn't give up the escape in a low-risk way when the position starts to get untenable. Gotta figure out that risk / reward.

Otherwise, aside from the worry about Loew, I'm happy to see Vito, Cornella, Ramirez, Foca and especially Ungar in the QF. No surprise about Jones, McClenahan or Hatcher (though I wish McClenahan and Hatcher the best on the bottom side).
Docger

Post by Docger »

As usual, our hwt has not faired so well this year. Wonder if Gwiz has been working with them. Cornell is not noted for AA heavyweights. Thought was that Louis might be a breakthru. Later on in life, our heavies may well be leading healthier lives
charliemunger

Post by charliemunger »

Fernandes will be fine. EIWA champ and 7th or 8th place AA.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 »

Nard Dog wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 14:27
Docger wrote: 02 Dec 2022, 13:38 How bad shoulder injury to Loew ? Camera faded out. Medical forfeit. Just precautionary or worse?
Hopefully it was more as a precaution. I don't mean to be picky but he lost by injury default rather than medical forfeit. There is a significant difference as a medical forfeit does not count as a loss on your record like a default does. Next round for Loew will be a MF.
I hate to say but it didn't look good. Loew was taken down in sort of a twisting move -- my screen kept freezing at the critical moment, it looked like the first thing that hit the mat was his right elbow, but he grabbed his right shoulder. The camera returned to the center of the mat while he was evaluated; finally the two wrestlers returned to view for the hand-raising. Loew's right arm seemed to just be hanging at first, but he looked more normal when he bent over to take off the ankle bands.
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

Ungar did nothing against Figueroa until the last 3 seconds of the match. Managed to throw Figs to back and get a TD in final second.
Could not get out of bottom in second. Got called for stalling on bottom, which I didn't really agree with.

Could not hold figs down. Didn't look good. Until final 3 seconds.

2-2 in OT. Working double unders.

Tiebreakers -- he defers. Figs is going down.
Ungar gets hipped over. Reversed. 4-2 Figueroa.

Ungar ... huh? starts neutral? can you do that in tiebreakers? Didn't think you could.

Figs backpedaling. Ungar goes for it and gives up TD. Glad he went for it. But oh well.

Net Net, didn't see any effective leg attacks at all. Did not look good on bottom. After hearing some really good things, I came away surprised in a not good way.

editing to note that I saw Ungar messing with his taped fingers. May have an issue going on. Finger injury.
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

Vito rolled, didn't catch final. Has Latona in final, who looked good vs Cannon.

Vince has been winning closely scored matches. In Quarters vs Carlson of SDSU. Carlson got in deep, had both ankles but Vince twisted around and over and managed a stalemate.

Vince riding in second. 0-0. RT now 28 seconds. Out, 35 sec RT. Carlson up 1-0. Carlson seeming to be winning the hand fight. I type that and Vince is in deep on a single. But gives it up.

3rd period Vince going under. Out in 15 seconds. 1-1. Neither guy super offensive. A sweet single ..But after a lot of effort, no go. OOB. Let's just say Carlson was not trying to stay in the circle.

Then a great schuck ... has body lock! But pulls over and the on top of himself ... gives up TD. Loses. 1-3
Damn .. He had some very sweet moves to get to legs ... very cool. But finishing was the issue.
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

Ramirez vs Formato of App State.
Active, some shots but able to back out. Generally the aggressor. But no points almost through 1st period. INJURY. Not sure what happened. Was on feet. Looked down. Suddenly he was grunting and wobbly. Bang head? Really don't know. Lying on back, taking a breather. Trainer out. Seems to be ok. Concussion protocol. Damn damn damn.
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

Ok, he is back. Starting 2nd on bottom. There is controversy. I missed it. Need to be looking at TV closer. Believe a return was considered illegal by Cornell. Coaches yelling illegal, others saying it is NOT illegal. Refs reviewing video. No illegal hold is declared. Ramirez still down. Wow, to feet, turns in - coach yelling 'big lift!' ... with double overs, hoists up and over top ... !!! Gets the TD and backs on edge. Keeps one toe in. Wow -- what awareness! that was awesome. Gives up escape. Winning 6-1!! On feet. That was pretty freaking cool.

3rd period. Formato down. Out ... 6-2 Ramirez. Ramirez called for stalling. 30 sec left. Blocking off. Wins 6-2.
Bigkevsuhr

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

Foca!!!! dominant 8-4 win over #6 Ethan Smith