New Intermat rankings

Bigkevsuhr

New Intermat rankings

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

Cornell ranked 9th in both Dual and Tournament.

125- 3. Vito Arujau

133- None ranked

141- None ranked

149- 1. Yianni Diakomihalis

157- 25. Colton Yapoujian

165- 9. Julian Ramirez

174-13. Chris Foca

184-7. Jonathan Loew

197-18. Jacob Cardenas

285- 9. Lewis Fernandes

Biased yes, but no way Cornell doesn’t finish in the top 5 next year..9th no way.

If Vito goes 133, I believe from what I have seen from Greg this off season, that he is a top 25 125 pounder

Whoever wins the 141 spot (Cornella, Handolvic, Saunders) is a top 25 guy at what looks to be a mediocre weight at best next year.

Yianni looks to be a 4x champ with an approx record of 122-1 unreal. I really think we see him bonus the heck out of everyone next year in hunt for the hodge as he looks to do something Dake didn’t even do in winning 4 conference and 4 NCAA tourneys.

If Yapoujian is healthy, we know what he is capable of.

Ramirez and Fernandes could not have been closer than they were to AA last season. I believe in them to AA next year

Foca was the tail of two stories because of the injury. At one point he was 14-1 and suffered two coin flip matches to both national finalist in over time (Starocci and Lewis ). That Chris a Foca is certainly capable of AA.

Loew is a returning AA and looks to AA next year. Never a gimme but he is very consistent and I see him on podium again next year.

197 has so much depth to it but the thing is, everyone seems to be so tightly packed together . The difference between the defending national champ and 18th ranked Cardenas is a 4-2 decision last year. Hopefully Cardenas successful off season thus far will help push him over the hump next season and put him on the podium. After the Dean tight loss last year, Cardenas did rattle off 14 wins in a row with 3 coming over ranked guys. Bulsak was just an awful matchup for him with his old man strength and he was right there with Brucki in a 8-6 overtime loss, after majoring Urbas who he lost to in conferences. Anyone he can rattle off 14 wins in a row is a stud.

Let’s Go!
klehner

Re: New Intermat rankings

Post by klehner »

Arujau is going 133. 125 will be one of Greg/Brett/Dom. All excellent options.

Handlovic is not an option at 141. Cornella beats Saunders in folk and freestyle: he's the starter at 141 next year.
Soddy Daisy

Post by Soddy Daisy »

Vito is going 133 this year and 125 in 2023-24 for the Olympic run.
PAM ‘08 • LGR • Section 1 Official
Soddy Daisy

Post by Soddy Daisy »

Bigkevsuhr wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 10:09 Cornell ranked 9th in both Dual and Tournament.

125- 3. Vito Arujau

133- None ranked

141- None ranked

149- 1. Yianni Diakomihalis

157- 25. Colton Yapoujian

165- 9. Julian Ramirez

174-13. Chris Foca

184-7. Jonathan Loew

197-18. Jacob Cardenas

285- 9. Lewis Fernandes

Biased yes, but no way Cornell doesn’t finish in the top 5 next year..9th no way.

If Vito goes 133, I believe from what I have seen from Greg this off season, that he is a top 25 125 pounder

Whoever wins the 141 spot (Cornella, Handolvic, Saunders) is a top 25 guy at what looks to be a mediocre weight at best next year.

Yianni looks to be a 4x champ with an approx record of 122-1 unreal. I really think we see him bonus the heck out of everyone next year in hunt for the hodge as he looks to do something Dake didn’t even do in winning 4 conference and 4 NCAA tourneys.

If Yapoujian is healthy, we know what he is capable of.

Ramirez and Fernandes could not have been closer than they were to AA last season. I believe in them to AA next year

Foca was the tail of two stories because of the injury. At one point he was 14-1 and suffered two coin flip matches to both national finalist in over time (Starocci and Lewis ). That Chris a Foca is certainly capable of AA.

Loew is a returning AA and looks to AA next year. Never a gimme but he is very consistent and I see him on podium again next year.

197 has so much depth to it but the thing is, everyone seems to be so tightly packed together . The difference between the defending national champ and 18th ranked Cardenas is a 4-2 decision last year. Hopefully Cardenas successful off season thus far will help push him over the hump next season and put him on the podium. After the Dean tight loss last year, Cardenas did rattle off 14 wins in a row with 3 coming over ranked guys. Bulsak was just an awful matchup for him with his old man strength and he was right there with Brucki in a 8-6 overtime loss, after majoring Urbas who he lost to in conferences. Anyone he can rattle off 14 wins in a row is a stud.

Let’s Go!
Do we really know what Yapoujian is capable of? I’ve seen flashes of top-tier wrestling, but even when healthy he has no signature performances.

125 and 157 are our holes next year and they are both NCAA qualifier level, so I’ll take it.
klehner

Post by klehner »

Soddy Daisy wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 15:54
Do we really know what Yapoujian is capable of? I’ve seen flashes of top-tier wrestling, but even when healthy he has no signature performances.

125 and 157 are our holes next year and they are both NCAA qualifier level, so I’ll take it.
He beat both Markus and Zach Hartman (the former a 4x NQ and the latter an AA), and held 4xAA Hayden Hidlay to a 4-0 decision, all before he was injured.
tjhart

Post by tjhart »

Has anyone else read the "Way too early" write-up on Flo. It seems like the writer is totally unfamiliar with anything about the team he is covering.
No place on the website (that I found) to trash his lack of effort, but he needs to be taken down a peg.
Soddy Daisy

Post by Soddy Daisy »

klehner wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 17:40
Soddy Daisy wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 15:54

He beat both Markus and Zach Hartman (the former a 4x NQ and the latter an AA), and held 4xAA Hayden Hidlay to a 4-0 decision, all before he was injured.
So what do you think he’s capable of?