WIN new rankings out today (12/5) Monday

Bigkevsuhr

WIN new rankings out today (12/5) Monday

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

For tournament rankings, they have Cornell sitting right outside the trophy spot at #5. Dual rankings they are all the way down to 15th but who gives a shit.

Looking at this, the thing I for most excited about was seeing the #5 next to “Top 8 wrestlers” for Cornell.
Vito (3rd), Yianni (1st), Ramirez (8th), Foca (7th), and Loew (7th) . Cornella came at #20 (rankings go to 20). Fernandes slips down to #12. We are not ranked at 125, 157, or 197. With that being said,
barring any injuries…i do believe they Ungar, Yapoujian, and Cardenas are without a doubt top 20 material. Would be amazing to have 10 national qualifiers this year. and 5 all americans. Having that really gets you in the trophy race I think .

WIN Magazine’s Dec. 5 Tournament Power Index
Rk. School————Total Rank—Top 8—TPI Pts
1. Penn State 7 5 93.5
2. Iowa. 10 5 67.5
3. Missouri 9 5 65.5
4. Iowa State 8 5 58.5
5. Cornell 7 5 54
6. Arizona State 5 4 49.5
7. Nebraska 7 3 47.5
8. Virginia Tech 8 3 43.5
9. NC State 6 4 43
10. Michigan 7 3 40
11. Wisconsin. 7 2 39.5
12. Oklahoma St. 8 2 38
13. Princeton 4 2 38
14. Pitt 3 3 37.5
15. Ohio State 8 3 37
16. Northwestern 5 3 35.5
17. Minnesota 6 2 32.5
18. Northern Iowa 7 2 28
19. North Carolina 4 2 26
20. Northern Colorado 1 1 20
Last edited by Bigkevsuhr on 07 Dec 2022, 09:48, edited 2 times in total.
Bigkevsuhr

Re: WIN new rankings out today (12/5) Monday

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

Cornell vs Iowa St will be a hell of a match if the guys all wrestle to their capability. Yianni Vs Paniro Johnson will be the big hype. Already is . Just wondering if he will wrestle.
Thing about 149 is in the entire weight, Paniro Johnson and Shane Van Ness are the only undefeated wrestlers. You realize how insane that is considering it’s the beginning of December? Shayne Van Ness hasn’t wrestled a ranked wrestler yet by the way.

So checkout this shit show..

Yianni.. well we all know and i’d rather not type it or talk about it. Not worried the least bit, he came out flat against Abas first match last year, didn’t get a takedown in that match. Gomez had nothing to lose with already half a dozen matches under his belt… Yianni’s first match of year.. that first one can make ya breath hard (just ask Gomez when he got smoked by Panero his first match and Sasso when he did the same against a freshman his first match) Yianni with the Iranian on the brain and well, It was the most non perfect storm I will call it cause there was nothing perfect about that day and my first time ever at the new Friedman Center. Gomez has Yianni’s attention now…not worried about it one bit. Plus… looking at the match, yes the score was real bad being 9-3..but Yianni was well on his way to a takedown before the o’le “watch his knee !,” aka my guy is about to be taken down so stop the match. Then one bad positioning by Yianni sealed the deal. He wasn’t going to take him down 3x in 3rd to tie and 4x to win. I know he took him down 3x last season in first period but it’s differnt when Gomez is going to not shoot at all in the 3rd when sitting on a 4pt lead with 90 seconds left in match. The other two takedowns was Yianni pressing and that’s all I really think about the match. Anyway hope he only wrestles against Iowa St if he is mentally ready .

Rest of weight…

Paniro Johnson (Iowa St) is 5-0
He beat Austin Gomez who beat Yianni and Sasso
Paniro also just beat Max Murin- Iowa (who was undefeated) in quite a snoozer match.
But…Paniro Johnson was taken into over time by Gonzalez from NAIA Grand View.

Both Austin Gomez and Murin only have one loss both to Paniro Johnson.
Gomez beat Yianni and Sasso
Murin beat Zapf

Milliner just lost to Parco and Yahya Thomas in Vegas (prior to they was undefeated).
Millner defeated Zapf

Sasso only losses are to Gomez and Hensen
Sasso beat completely controlled both Yahya and Parco in
Vegas. I know this might sound weird cause we all saw him gas against Gomez and lose to a freshman at start of year..but right now I think that Sasso is wrestling better than he ever has. I think without a doubt he is 3rd best guy in the weight behind Yianni and Gomez.

Parco has two losses to Sasso and inj default to Zapf
Parco has beaten Millner and Brock Mauller.

Zapf beat Hensen (who beat sasso)
Zapf lost to Millner (who was never really in trouble against him)
Zapf lost to Murin in overtime
Zapf just lost to Gomez yesteday 9-4.

Va tech freshman Caleb Henson beat Sasso
He is 10-1 this year only loss in overtime to Zapf

Penn St Freshman Shayne Van Ness is 6-0 With that being said, he hasn’t wrestled anybody ranked in the top 20. Still he looks very solid.

So that’s that.. if you made it through my novel well congratulations!!!
Last edited by Bigkevsuhr on 07 Dec 2022, 09:52, edited 2 times in total.
klehner

Post by klehner »

(you need to work on name spelling)

Flo posted a 45 minute interview with Coach Grey, in which he discusses nearly all the starters, CKLV, and training philosophies. He talked about Yianni/Gomez/WC, which explained some things. He also said that Yianni will be in New Orleans, but they haven't determined how many matches he will wrestle (duck?). Vito is looking forward to meeting RBY, if Cornell can get past tough OSU(west) and ISU.

If you look at wrestlestat for Cornell, and check out the upcoming matches for the starters, you'll see that Ungar has the toughest opponents.
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades »

Wrestlestat has Cornell ranked 3rd and 4th in tournament and dual rankings. Intermat has them 4th and 13th. Too early to get too excited about it, but still - encouraging!
Bigkevsuhr

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

klehner wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 07:20 (you need to work on name spelling)

Flo posted a 45 minute interview with Coach Grey, in which he discusses nearly all the starters, CKLV, and training philosophies. He talked about Yianni/Gomez/WC, which explained some things. He also said that Yianni will be in New Orleans, but they haven't determined how many matches he will wrestle (duck?). Vito is looking forward to meeting RBY, if Cornell can get past tough OSU(west) and ISU.

If you look at wrestlestat for Cornell, and check out the upcoming matches for the starters, you'll see that Ungar has the toughest opponents.
who did I not spell correctly?
klehner

Post by klehner »

Bigkevsuhr wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 09:47
klehner wrote: 06 Dec 2022, 07:20 (you need to work on name spelling)

who did I not spell correctly?
Besides the ones you changed after I posted?
Bigkevsuhr

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

i just went through and changed them so yeah besides those
Bigkevsuhr

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

I’ll make sure I thoroughly spell check everything prior to posting for your approval. Glad that could be your main takeaway from the post. Happy Holidays!
Bigkevsuhr

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

Saw that interview with Coach Grey, it was pretty good.
Bigkevsuhr

Post by Bigkevsuhr »

Flowrestling has Cornell 5th in tournament rankings. Only 1 pt behind Missouri and 2 pts behind Iowa St. They also have all 10 Cornell starters at least ranked honorable mention or higher.
125 - Ungar 20th
133- Vito 3rd
141- Cornella 16th
149- Yianni 1st
157- Yapoujian HM
165- Ramirez 8th
174- Foca 6th
184- Loew 8th
197- Cardenas HM
285- Fernandes 15th