UFC

charliemunger

UFC

Post by charliemunger »

Wondering if there are any Cornell dudes ready to fight? Mixed martial arts can be very lucrative and wrestlers tend to dominate. Getting punched in the face either makes you angry or scared. Have to think Gabe Dean could be a wrecking ball.
klehner

Re: UFC

Post by klehner »

I'm guessing that the Cornell guys value their brains a bit too much to go there.
charliemunger

Post by charliemunger »

Of course you're right - most guys in their 20's & 30's prefer sitting in a cubicle analyzing spreadsheets.
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

I recall one Cornell wrestler that did MMA ... Keith Dickey maybe? I just did a Google search and think I may have this wrong.

Regarding current guys ... I don’t know them but I’m not thinking they are of the crop that enjoys smashing someone’s face in with the intent to harm / knock out. I figure it takes a certain kind of person to do that. And it takes a certain kind of person to be able to handle someone doing that to you!
ugarles

Post by ugarles »

Looking around, John Cholish '06, who looks like he was mostly a backup (only one EIWA appearance).

I feel like there were others but i'm not willing to do the google work.
Saul Goodman

Post by Saul Goodman »

Seawolf wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 16:34 I recall one Cornell wrestler that did MMA ... Keith Dickey maybe? I just did a Google search and think I may have this wrong.

Regarding current guys ... I don’t know them but I’m not thinking they are of the crop that enjoys smashing someone’s face in with the intent to harm / knock out. I figure it takes a certain kind of person to do that. And it takes a certain kind of person to be able to handle someone doing that to you!
Clint Wattenberg tried his hands in the Octagon!
Saul Goodman

Post by Saul Goodman »

charliemunger wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 07:51 Wondering if there are any Cornell dudes ready to fight? Mixed martial arts can be very lucrative and wrestlers tend to dominate. Getting punched in the face either makes you angry or scared. Have to think Gabe Dean could be a wrecking ball.
Look for Dalton Macri, Joey Galasso, and Mark Grey to make their amateur debuts in the near future.