So guys....

Mank

So guys....

Post by Mank »

Is it worth keeping the site up? I think there are about 6 active participants? How can we, and how can you help increase participation? I enjoy reading all you guys contribute, especially the Munger dude, but...

And then Grey stole our writer for the Spartan site, which is simply not the same. Going to be tough finding a replacement for an audience of 6. Tell me why I should keep this thing up and better yet, tell me how you can help me make this a worthwhile endeavor! I actually have to pay money to keep this in place - not the issue, I just want it to be meaningful and worthwhile.

Mank
Reddel

Re: So guys....

Post by Reddel »

To be honest, the political diatribes are a big turnoff and the criticism of these young men from a few a— wipes makes it difficult to stay here and find good discussion on wrestling. The resident troll is an absolute disaster for this site too and I can’t believe you’ve put up with his nonsense. Stick to wrestling and try to get some insiders or wrestlers themselves participating. I think this site is too tainted by its’ disfunction...probably should just shut it down. I’m sorry to say that because there is a need for Cornell wrestling fans to participate in a site and this should be it.
Robkoll

Post by Robkoll »

Mank, say it ain't so, I was just getting ready to start trolling the hell out of you and anyone who posts on this site!
Seawolf

Post by Seawolf »

It is the off season. I’d suggest getting into the college wrestling season. Have Grey promote the site (if allowed).
mountainred

Post by mountainred »

I've largely been a lurker, but that's largely because Cornell hasn't wrestled in forever and my freestyle knowledge is lacking. That's not just for this site, but pretty much every forum discussing CU sports.

Maybe just focus on the forum, at least through this season and see if there is a pick up in interest. I miss the old Wrestling Report forum, even if 90%+ of the discussion came from our side and Lehigh.

Anyway, I do appreciate the work you've put in this site. Thank you.
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades »

Mank, I don't know what the expectations are for this site - but I don't think the level of activity here is too much off from what we would see off-season on the old WR site. Participation is also down a bit more because we used to see a few posts from other EIWA fans who probably won't bother to sign in on a Cornell specific site. And as noted by Mountainred - I check in here to read about freestyle activity, but not following it closely enough to comment much, if at all.

I have mixed feelings about the more limited membership; on the one hand, there is less banter and back-and-forth, which was at least sometimes entertaining (and no doubt produced more clicks). On the other hand, there are less annoying trolls. Except for that Robkoll guy. (Where did he come from anyhow? :P ).

I do wonder, as an aside - how many former wrestlers are on here? Soddy Daisy? Savage 74? It may be interesting to get some input from the guys who have really been there.

Hey, I think wait for the season to start - if the team starts wrestling the way I think they will - activity will pick up.
Last edited by Red Blades on 16 Sep 2021, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades »

Mank wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 20:21 I enjoy reading all you guys contribute, especially the Munger dude, but...
Stay away from the Munger dude, he's nothing but trouble...
Mank

Post by Mank »

Red Blades wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 11:36
Mank wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 20:21 I enjoy reading all you guys contribute, especially the Munger dude, but...
Stay away from the Munger dude, he's nothing but trouble...
And the Robkoll dude...
Mank

Post by Mank »

Reddel wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 22:48 To be honest, the political diatribes are a big turnoff and the criticism of these young men from a few a— wipes makes it difficult to stay here and find good discussion on wrestling. The resident troll is an absolute disaster for this site too and I can’t believe you’ve put up with his nonsense. Stick to wrestling and try to get some insiders or wrestlers themselves participating. I think this site is too tainted by its’ disfunction...probably should just shut it down. I’m sorry to say that because there is a need for Cornell wrestling fans to participate in a site and this should be it.

I think / hope the political diatribes are a thing of the past. As for Munger, you really need one of those on your site!
Mank

Post by Mank »

The fact that the Koll man visited and even commented on the site....very inspirational! I know he wouldn't give up. We need to keep this up for the season. Strangely, the site hasn't existed for a single season so, who knows!

It would be great if you could get some of your buddies to participate. I'm going to start actively recruiting myself.